Learn more about TAA’s REDBOOK event offerings.
Sharpen your knowledge of your legal rights and responsibilities as a rental housing owner or manager by participating in one of the REDBOOK seminars being offered around the state or live online. Seminars emphasize changes in management practices required by new laws and updates to key regulatory issues that affect property management.
Full of videos and tools, the 2022 REDBOOK seminar provides the practical instruction you need to help ensure your team is not only aware of the many regulations governing the rental housing industry, but also how best to apply them to your operations.
At the 2022 Apartment & Rental Housing Legal Seminars, you will
- Learn about key changes to TAA’s Lease and other critical forms
- Understand major operational issues, and
- Learn how legal and regulatory changes will impact you.
The 2022 REDBOOK Seminar breaks down the leasing cycle and includes the following topics:
- Application Issues, such as credit and screening, criminal history screening, identity fraud and more.
- Lease Issues, including TAA’s new Lease 2.0, community policies and flood disclosure.
- Resident Life & Management Issues, including fair housing, unauthorized occupants, repairs, parking and towing, damages and more.
- Ending the Lease Issues, including the new early termination option under the Lease, notice of non-renewal and more.
- Eviction Issues, including eviction alternatives and a detailed walk-through of the eviction process.
- Physical Plant Issues and Operations, including mold and common issues from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.
Please contact the local association directly to register for in-person seminars as TAA can not register members for those events.
Unsure of how to contact an apartment association in your area which is hosting an event? Visit this page to find the local association in your region.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.