Accomplish a lot in just a couple of days out of the office.
Note: Functions will be held at the Fort Worth Convention Center unless noted otherwise.
Wednesday, April 26
10 a.m.–5 p.m.
PAC Golf Tournament, Tierra Verde Golf Club
(Optional event—separate registration and payment required; you must also be registered for Conference or exhibiting)
Afternoon (time TBD)
Community Service Experience at Union Gospel Mission
(Optional event—transportation provided to and from the Omni Fort Worth Hotel; check this option when you register to confirm your ticket for this free event)
Thursday, April 27
7:30 a.m.–7 p.m.
AE Council Meeting & Seminar
- Management Skills Track: Hack These Ideas! “Unboxing” Employee Onboarding & Engagement
- Customer Service Track: Turning Residents Into Outrageously Loyal Fans
- Fair Housing Track: Assistance Animals: Addressing Requests for Accommodation
- Onsite Track: Managing Relationships, Productivity and Your Sanity
- Maintenance Track: Motivational Accountability: Coaching Style Leadership Ignites Team Results
- Affordable Housing Track: Hot Topics in Affordable Housing
- Technology Track: The Viral Video Difference—How to Create and Use Organic Videos to Enhance Your Marketing Efforts with Rommel Anacan
Board of Directors Meeting
- Management Skills Track: Creating an Insanely Positive Workplace Culture
- Customer Service Track: Communicating in Today’s World: Texting Like a Pro(fessional)
- Fair Housing Track: Criminal Background Checks Under HUD Guidance
- Onsite Track: Leasing Existing Apartments in a New Construction Market with Lisa Trosien
- Maintenance Track: Time Management for Maintenance
- Affordable Housing Track: Challenges—and Solutions—of Marketing Affordable Housing Communities
- Technology Track: Getting Organized with MS Outlook: Manage Your eMail, Manage Your Time
11 a.m.–12:15 p.m.
Board Luncheon and Speaker (invitation only)
11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
Lunch on Your Own; Food Court available behind TAA Registration Area
TAA Education Foundation Special Session (invitation only)
- Management Skills Track: The Secret Sauce: Identifying, Attracting, Hiring & Retaining Exceptional Talent
- Customer Service Track: Passport to Productivity: A Destination Worth Planning For
- Fair Housing Track: Bathrooms & Felonies & Implicit Bias, On My! Fair Housing in 2017
- Onsite Track: “Throwing Shade!” What to Do When Conflict is the Only Language Spoken on Your Team with Rommel Anacan
- Maintenance Track: Everything You Need to Know About R-410A
- Affordable Housing Track: Making the Grade on UPCS Inspections
- Technology Track: Apartmentech 2040: A Glimpse Into the Future of the Rental Housing Industry
General Opening Session featuring Dallas quarterback Dak Prescott
Lone Star Expo Open
PAC Lounge available in the Lone Star Expo
A Little Bit Country, A Little Bit Rock ’N’ Roll Kickoff Party at Billy Bob’s Texas
Friday, April 28
7:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
- Career Development Track: Permissive Leadership: Is Your Team Following You By Choice?
- Property Supervisor Track: How Successful People Become Even More Successful
- Independent Owner Track: See You in Court: Mock Trial
- Onsite Track: 4 Step Reputation Rehab with Toni Blake
- Maintenance Track: Trends in Maintenance with Mark Cukro, CAMT, CAMT II, CAPS, CPOI
- General Interest Track: Like You, Like Me with Lisa Trosien
- Career Development Track: Make Your Mark! (NextGen focus)
- Property Supervisor Track: Find It. Fix It. Finance It: Risk Management for Property Supervisors
- Independent Owner Track: Emergency & Disaster Preparedness
- Onsite Track: Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire
- Maintenance Track: Legal Primer
- General Interest Track: Market Trends Impacting the Way We Do Business
11 a.m.–3 p.m.
Lone Star Expo Open with Lunch on the Move (until 1 p.m.)
11 a.m.-3 p.m.
PAC Lounge available in the Lone Star Expo
TAAEF Raffle drawing—Win a 2017 BMW 3 Series!
- Career Development Track: Pitching Ideas to Management: Getting to Yes
- Property Supervisor Track: Dad Can’t Always Drive: Building Self-Driven Employees
- Independent Owner Track: Fair Housing Case Studies
- Onsite Track: Rev Up Your Revenue Management
- Maintenance Track: Movin’ On Up: High-Rise and Mid-Rise Issues
- General Interest Track: Body Language Confidential
- Property Supervisor Track: Frazzled and Frayed: The Sad State of the Property Manager
- Independent Owner Track: IRO Member Networking Reception, Omni Fort Worth Hotel
- Onsite Track: Preventive Maintenance through Resident Education with Toni Blake
- Maintenance Track: DIY—Start Saving Money Tomorrow with Mark Cukro, CAMT, CAMT II, CAPS, CPOI
Taste of Texas Party, Omni Fort Worth Hotel
Saturday, April 29
Closing Plenary Session: Live, Grow and Thrive with Mark Cukro, CAMT, CAMT II, CAPS, CPOI
Where the Best Begins Installation & Awards Brunch spotlighting award winners and leaders
Tentative schedule, subject to change.