Texas Apartment Association member Christy Rodriguez provides some great information about the importance and affordability of renter’s insurance in this short video from the Texas Department of Insurance. If you need a resource to help your residents understand how renter’s insurance helps them, check it out!
The video covers:
- What’s covered by a property owner’s insurance, and why renters need insurance for their own property
- Average cost of renter’s insurance policies
- Some additional benefits that may be in renter’s policies, like covering costs to stay somewhere else if an apartment or home needs repairs
- Why renters may also need to consider flood insurance and liability insurance
- Information about the insurance provisions in TAA lease contracts
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.