About 100 employees of Permian Basin Apartment Association member company, Weidner, spent a day in service to the Permian Basin Mission in Odessa.
Weidner, a property management company, closes offices and properties one day a year in each region to provide a group service project to the local community.
In 2016, Weidner Texas employees volunteered their time and donated supplies and materials to assist The Permian Basin Mission in Odessa, a Christian organization which promotes the welfare of those in need to relieve suffering due to hunger and deprivation.
Each day this mission provides food, clothing and support for 147 families, on average. A warehouse was donated to The Permian Basin Mission in January, 1999, but had never had
any sort of maintenance, painting or remodeling.
On December 7, 2016, approximately 100 Weidner associates converged on the
mission to “get things done.” Associates formed teams and completed these projects:
- Cleaned and organized donations
- Cleaned and painted the walls in the kitchen
- Painted the floors in the office, kitchen area and clothing area
- Installed an entry door for the Executive Director’s office
- Installed and painted a window between the receptionist area and visiting are
- Installed multiple rods for clothing display and organization
- Remodeled and painted two bathrooms
- Repaired outside walls to make them waterproof
- Installed walls for organization of mattresses
- Repaired light fixtures