TAA’s 2019 Education Conference & Lone Star Expo set new records
TAA’s 2019 Education Conference & Lone Star Expo in Houston set new records for attendance, booth sales and educational offerings.
- Almost 2,800 members registered for the 2019 TAA Education Conference & Lone Star Expo, in addition to more than 400 members who traded in passes to attend the Lone Star Expo only. More than 1,650 exhibiting company representatives also attended.
- This year’s conference also featured more Expo booths—424—and more educational sessions—73—than ever.
- Mark your calendar now for #TAA2020, April 22-24 in Fort Worth.
The Texas Apartment Association’s 2019 Education Conference & Lone Star Expo in Houston blasted past previous Conference records, attracting almost 5,000 attendees and boasting more Expo booths and educational sessions than ever.
Almost 2,800 professionals registered to attend the Conference, with more than 400 more bringing in Expo-only passes to attend the Lone Star Expo. About 1,650 supplier partners also attended.
Here’s a look at some of the Conference highlights:
- Academy Award-nominee and Emmy- and Grammy-winner Queen Latifah talked about her family, growing up in New Jersey, and highlights of her diverse entertainment industry career with Conference emcee Tim Kennedy during the General Opening Session April 11.
- Conference-goers had 73 concurrent educational seminars to choose from, including new “Open Space” sessions facilitating discussion on key topics, shorter lab sessions Thursday and Friday and eight Learning Lounge sessions inside the Lone Star Expo on Thursday and Friday. (Seminar presentations are available on the Conference app and can also be downloaded here. Additional presentations have been added on the App and online since the Conference.)
- Both days of the Lone Star Expo enjoyed healthy crowds, with visitors checking out new products and services in 424 booths.
- The TAA Education Foundation introduced Sam Levassar as the winner of its “Be the Next Room To Grow Ambassador” campaign and debuted a new video highlighting the transformational impact of the Apartment Professionals Programs held in cooperation with Goodwill Industries.
- TAAEF also held a special session for Foundation donors, a breakfast session for the Foundation Board and Goodwill program students, and raffled a 2019 Jaguar XE. Dr. John Baen with the University of North Texas was the winner of the vehicle raffle.
- Networking events included the kickoff Party at the Park April 11 at Minute Maid Park, home of the Houston Astros, and the Emerald Extravaganza Installation & Awards Gala on April 12.
- TAA’s new officers and Executive Committee members were installed during the Board of Directors meeting April 11 and introduced during the April 12 Gala. The new officers of the Product/Service Council for next year were also introduced during the Gala.
- Seven professional award winners were recognized April 12.
- Michael Follis, CAS received the Frank P. Finch Presidential Award in a surprise announcement during the General Opening Session April 11.
TAA appreciates the outstanding support of our 2019 Conference sponsors, who contributed more than $280,000 in cash and in-kind donations to help us put on a memorable event for our members.
Plans are already in motion for TAA’s 2020 Education Conference & Lone Star Expo, April 22-24 in Fort Worth. Mark your calendar now! #TAA2020.