TAA’s 2018 Education Conference & Lone Star Expo focused on What’s Next for the industry
TAA’s 2018 Education Conference & Lone Star Expo looked ahead to What’s Next for the rental housing industry.
- In the midst of Fiesta and a city celebrating its 300th anniversary, the 2018 Education Conference & Lone Star Expo looked ahead at what to expect Next in the rental housing industry.
- Mark your calendar now for #TAA2019, April 10-12 in Houston.
The Texas Apartment Association’s 2018 Education Conference & Lone Star Expo in historic San Antonio focused on the future of the rental housing industry and challenged participants to prepare to Be What’s Next.
More than 4,000 participants were on hand for TAA’s annual Conference, with more than 2,500 professionals registered or bringing in Expo-only passes for the Conference, which also attracted about 1,500 supplier partners.
Here’s a look at some of the Conference highlights:
- Texas Apartment Association Education Foundation Room To Grow Ambassador Neci Shepherd with Madera Residential sang the national anthem at the Opening Session April 26. When the sound to Neci’s mic cut out part way through, the 2,000+ members in the audience sang along to complete the anthem. Hands down, the one of the most memorable and proud moments for everyone attending.
- Former Dallas quarterback and Emmy-nominated television sports analyst Tony Romo chatted with local media personality Roman Garcia during the General Opening Session April 26.
- Conference-goers had about 60 concurrent educational seminars to choose from, including mini-sessions added Thursday and Friday and four “silent seminars” inside the Lone Star Expo on Friday. (Seminar presentations are available on the Conference app.)
- Both days of the Lone Star Expo enjoyed healthy crowds, with visitors checking out new products and services in 416 booths.
- The TAA Education Foundation showcased its updated “Room To Grow” campaign and introduced a new video highlighting the success of Courtland Audain, an early graduate of a TAAEF Apartment Professionals Program.
- Conference attendees participated in a Community Service Experience for volunteers on April 26 at Haven for Hope, an organization helping the homeless. The San Antonio Apartment Association partnered with TAA on this event.
- TAAEF awarded two scholarships to students at the University of North Texas, held a special session for Foundation donors and raffled a 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia. Neci Shepherd was the winner of the vehicle raffle.
- Networking events included the kickoff party April 26 on the San Antonio River Walk and the Installation & Awards Dinner and Black & White Gala on April 27.
- TAA’s new officers and Executive Committee members were installed April 27, along with the new officers of the Product/Service Council for next year.
- Seven professional award winners were recognized April 27.
Plans are already in motion for TAA’s 2019 Education Conference & Lone Star Expo, April 10-12 in Houston. Mark your calendar now! #TAA2019