TAA’s 2017 Education Conference & Lone Star Expo was bigger, and yes, better, than ever.
- The 2017 Education Conference & Lone Star Expo set records for attendance, number of seminars offered and number of booths sold.
- Mark your calendar now for #TAA2018, April 25-27 in San Antonio.
The Texas Apartment Association’s 2017 Education Conference & Lone Star Expo in Fort Worth drew a stampede of rental housing professionals and lived up to its lofty theme—Inspire: Where the Best Begins.
More than 4,400 participants were on hand for TAA’s annual Conference, blowing past previous records for attendance, number of seminars offered and number of booths sold. More than 2,800 professionals registered or brought in Expo-only passes for the Conference, which also attracted almost 1,600 supplier partners.
Here’s a look at some of the Conference highlights:
- Dallas quarterback and league Offensive Rookie of the Year Dak Prescott chatted with TAA President-Elect and Education Conference Chair Jackie Rhone, CAPS, CPM during the General Opening Session April 27 and then spent time posing for photos with attendees in the Lone Star Expo.
- Conference-goers had almost 60 concurrent educational seminars to choose from, including eight sessions added Thursday in new Wellness and Social Media Labs and four “silent seminars” inside the Lone Star Expo on Friday. (Seminar presentations are available on the Conference app—TAA 2017—and will be added to the TAA website soon.)
- Both days of the Lone Star Expo enjoyed healthy crowds, with visitors checking out new products and services in 401 booths.
- The TAA Education Foundation showcased its “Room To Grow” campaign and introduced the campaign ambassadors at the General Opening Session.
- TAA highlighted its strategic plan for the next five years during the General Opening Session.
- The Conference featured the first-ever Community Service Experience for volunteers on April 26 at the Union Gospel Mission, an organization helping the homeless. The Apartment Association of Tarrant County partnered with TAA on this event, which was also supported by TAAEF and its “Room to Grow” campaign.
- TAAEF awarded two scholarships to students at the University of North Texas, held a special session for Foundation donors and raffled a 2017 BMW 3 Series Sedan.
- Networking events included a wildly popular kickoff party April 27 at Billy Bob’s Texas and a relaxed “Taste of Texas” evening April 28.
- TAA’s new officers and Executive Committee members were installed April 29, along with the new officers of the Product/Service Council for next year.
- Seven professional award winners were recognized April 29.
Plans are already in motion for TAA’s 2018 Education Conference & Lone Star Expo, April 25-27 in San Antonio. Mark your calendar now—you won’t want to miss what’s next! #TAA2018