January 15 is the deadline for most Texas Apartment Association professional awards submissions. Submit your own application or nominate a colleague.
- The submission deadline for most Texas Apartment Association Professional Awards is January 15. Completed applications are due by midnight of that date.
- Applications are being accepted online. You may nominate a colleague or submit an application for yourself. Remember if nominating a colleague that the nominee must submit a completed application by the deadline.
- New this year—an award for the Supplier Partner Company of the Year Award in addition to the Olin Steele Lifetime Achievement Award for supplier partners.
- Awards will be presented April 24 during the final event of the 2020 Texas Apartment Association Education Conference & Lone Star Expo in Fort Worth.
Time is running out to recognize a colleague or get some well-deserved recognition for yourself.
Applications and nominations for the Texas Apartment Association’s awards honoring outstanding rental housing professionals are being accepted online through midnight, January 15 for most awards. Awards will be presented next April at the 2020 TAA Education Conference & Lone Star Expo April 22-24 in Fort Worth during the final Conference event. Reliant is the Professional Awards Recognition program sponsor.
New for 2020, TAA will present an award recognizing the outstanding Supplier Partner Company of the Year. This will be in addition to recognizing an individual supplier partner as the Olin Steele Lifetime Achievement Award recipient.
Any member may nominate a supplier partner company to be considered for the new Supplier Partner Company of the Year Award, or companies may nominate themselves. The nomination links below apply to this award as well.
Also new this year, the Association Executive of the Year Award will named in honor of TAA’s retired, long-time executive, George Allen. To be considered for the George Allen Association Executive of the Year, AEs must first be nominated by their local volunteer leadership. A letter of nomination from local leaders is due to TAA by Dec. 13.
TAA will notify members who are nominated by a peer and provide information on how to complete the required award application for further consideration. Members who nominate themselves submit a completed award application to be considered.
All award applications are completed and submitted online, directly to TAA.
Awards will be presented during the Installation & Awards Gala April 24 during the Conference in Fort Worth.
TAA’s awards recognize the outstanding:
- Apartment Manager of the Year
- Regional Property Manager of the Year
- Maintenance Professional of the Year
- Leasing Professional of the Year
- Independent Owner of the Year, and
- Association Executive of the Year.
In addition, TAA also will recognize an outstanding supplier/partner member with the Olin Steele Lifetime Achievement Award. Supplier/partner members who meet the criteria for the award may nominate themselves, or colleagues may submit nominations of qualified members. Finalists for the award are selected by past winners.
Criteria for each award varies, but is based on the nominee’s accomplishments on the job, while acknowledging other factors like commitment to professional development, professional designations, if any, earned, volunteer involvement in the community and the association, and more.
Deadlines for nominations
December 13: Deadline for the local president/president-elect to submit a letter of nomination for the Association Executive of the Year Award (Note: Only the local president or president-elect may submit this letter. You may not use the “nominate a colleague” link to nominate an AE.)
January 15 (midnight): Deadline for submitting completed award applications
For questions about the AE of the Year, the Supplier Partner Company of the Year or the Olin Steele awards, contact Lynn Fisher, CMP. For questions about property management awards, contact Donna Harbers, CMP. You may also call 512/479-6252 and ask to speak to Lynn or Donna.