Submit your own application or nominate a colleague for a Texas Apartment Association professional award, beginning later this month. Nominate a colleague for an award by January 7. Most other award deadlines are midnight, January 14.
- Applications will be accepted online beginning later this month for TAA’s Professional Awards, including the Mike Clark Supplier Partner Company of the Year Award and the Olin Steele Supplier Partner Lifetime Achievement Award.
- You may nominate a colleague or submit an application for yourself.
- Awards recognize outstanding rental housing professionals who exemplify high standards. Members may submit their own application or nominate a colleague. Learn more about TAA’s Professional Awards program.
- All award submissions are made online, directly to TAA.
- Awards will be presented April 28 during the 2022 Texas Apartment Association ONE Conference & Expo in Houston.
If ever there was a time when you or your colleagues needed some well-deserved recognition for yourself—that time is now.
Applications and nominations for the Texas Apartment Association’s awards honoring outstanding rental housing professionals are being accepted online starting later this month. The final deadline for submissions will be midnight, January 14 for most awards.
Award submissions will open later this month; find the link to the submission forms here. Awards will be presented next April at the 2022 TAA ONE Conference & Expo April 27-29 in Houston.
In addition to the individual awards, TAA will present an award recognizing the outstanding Supplier Partner Company of the Year. This will be in addition to recognizing an individual supplier partner as the Olin Steele Supplier Partner Lifetime Achievement Award recipient.
Nominations for these prestigious awards and all the other TAA professional awards will be open beginning later this month, and may be submitted online only. Members may submit their own application for an award, or nominate a colleague. Nomination by a colleague is encouraged but not required for award consideration; peer nominations must be received by January 7.
TAA will notify members who are nominated by a peer and provide information on how to complete the required award application for further consideration. Members who nominate themselves submit a completed award application to be considered.
All award applications are completed and submitted online, directly to TAA.
Awards will be presented during the Awards Gala April 28 during the ONE Conference in Houston.
TAA’s awards recognize the outstanding:
- Barbara MacManus Apartment Manager of the Year
- Rita Kirby Regional Property Manager of the Year
- Mary Williams Maintenance Professional of the Year
- Anita Marcino Leasing Professional of the Year
- Bob Ross Independent Owner of the Year
- George Allen Association Executive of the Year
- Mike Clark Supplier Partner Company of the Year, and
- the Olin Steele Supplier Partner Lifetime Achievement Award.
To be considered for the George Allen Association Executive of the Year, AEs must first be nominated by their local volunteer leadership. A letter of nomination from local leaders is due to TAA by December 17.
In addition, TAA also will recognize an outstanding supplier/partner member with the Olin Steele Supplier Partner Lifetime Achievement Award. Supplier/partner members who meet the criteria for the award may nominate themselves, or colleagues may submit nominations of qualified members. Finalists for the award are selected by past winners.
Any member may nominate a supplier partner company to be considered for the Mike Clark Supplier Partner Company of the Year Award, or companies may nominate themselves. The nomination link above applies to this award as well.
Criteria for each award varies, but is based on the nominee’s accomplishments on the job, while acknowledging other factors like commitment to professional development, professional designations, if any, earned, volunteer involvement in the community and the association, and more.
Deadlines for nominations
December 17: Deadline for the local president/president-elect to submit a letter of nomination for the George Allen Association Executive of the Year Award (Note: Only the local president or president-elect may submit this letter.)
January 7 (midnight): Deadline for nominating a colleague for an award
January 14 (midnight): Deadline for submitting completed award applications
For questions about the AE of the Year, the Supplier Partner Company of the Year or the Olin Steele awards, contact Lynn Fisher, CMP. For questions about property management awards, contact Heather Reynolds. You may also call 512/479-6252 and ask to speak to Lynn or Heather.