Submit your own application or nominate a colleague for a Texas Apartment Association professional award. Nominate a colleague for an award by January 8. Most other award deadlines are midnight, January 15.
- Applications are being accepted online now for TAA’s Professional Awards, including the Mike Clark Supplier Partner Company of the Year Award and the Olin Steele Product Partner Lifetime Achievement Award. You may nominate a colleague or submit an application for yourself.
- Awards recognize outstanding rental housing professionals who exemplify high standards. Members may submit their own application or nominate a colleague.
- All award submissions are made online, directly to TAA.
- Awards will be presented April 16 during the final event of the 2021 Texas Apartment Association ONE Conference & Expo in San Antonio.
It’s holiday season! Before you’re engulfed in the extra-special holiday-during-a-pandemic chaos, take some time to recognize a colleague or get some well-deserved recognition for yourself.
Applications and nominations for the Texas Apartment Association’s awards honoring outstanding rental housing professionals are being accepted online through midnight, January 15 for most awards. Awards will be presented next April at the 2021 TAA ONE Conference & Expo April 14-16 in San Antonio during the final Conference event. Reliant is the Professional Awards Recognition program sponsor.
For just the second time, TAA will present an award recognizing the outstanding Supplier Partner Company of the Year. This will be in addition to recognizing an individual supplier partner as the Olin Steele Supplier Partner Lifetime Achievement Award recipient.
Nominations for these prestigious awards and all the other TAA professional awards are now open, and may be submitted online only. Members may submit their own application for an award, or nominate a colleague. Nomination by a colleague is encouraged but not required for award consideration; peer nominations must be received by January 8.
TAA will notify members who are nominated by a peer and provide information on how to complete the required award application for further consideration. Members who nominate themselves submit a completed award application to be considered.
All award applications are completed and submitted online, directly to TAA.
Awards will be presented during the Leadership Celebration & Awards Gala April 16 during the ONE Conference in San Antonio. In addition to the 2021 awards, the 2020 awards will also be presented that evening.
TAA’s awards recognize the outstanding:
- Barbara MacManus Apartment Manager of the Year
- Rita Kirby Regional Property Manager of the Year
- Mary Williams Maintenance Professional of the Year
- Anita Marcino Leasing Professional of the Year
- Bob Ross Independent Owner of the Year
- George Allen Association Executive of the Year
- Mike Clark Supplier Partner Company of the Year, and
- the Olin Steele Supplier Partner Lifetime Achievement Award.
To be considered for the George Allen Association Executive of the Year, AEs must first be nominated by their local volunteer leadership. A letter of nomination from local leaders is due to TAA by December 14.
In addition, TAA also will recognize an outstanding supplier/partner member with the Olin Steele Supplier Partner Lifetime Achievement Award. Supplier/partner members who meet the criteria for the award may nominate themselves, or colleagues may submit nominations of qualified members. Finalists for the award are selected by past winners.
Any member may nominate a supplier partner company to be considered for the Mike Clark Supplier Partner Company of the Year Award, or companies may nominate themselves. The nomination links above apply to this award as well.
Criteria for each award varies, but is based on the nominee’s accomplishments on the job, while acknowledging other factors like commitment to professional development, professional designations, if any, earned, volunteer involvement in the community and the association, and more.
Deadlines for nominations
December 14: Deadline for the local president/president-elect to submit a letter of nomination for the George Allen Association Executive of the Year Award (Note: Only the local president or president-elect may submit this letter.)
January 8 (midnight): Deadline for nominating a colleague for an award
January 15 (midnight): Deadline for submitting completed award applications
For questions about the AE of the Year, the Supplier Partner Company of the Year or the Olin Steele Supplier Partner Lifetime Achievement Awards, contact Lynn Fisher, CMP. For questions about property management awards, contact Donna Harbers, CMP. You may also call 512/479-6252 and ask to speak to Lynn or Donna.