TAA professional award nominations due January 31
Nominate yourself or a colleague by January 31 for a Texas Apartment Association professional award. Awards will be presented during the 2019 TAA Education Conference & Lone Star Expo April 10-12 in Houston.
- Nominations can be made online through January 31 for TAA’s Professional Awards, including the Olin Steele Lifetime Achievement Award for supplier partners.
- Awards recognize outstanding rental housing professionals who exemplify high standards. Members may nominate themselves and submit nominations directly this year.
- Awards will be presented April 12 during the final event of the 2019 Texas Apartment Association Education Conference & Lone Star Expo in Houston.
Submit nominations by January 31 for any of the Texas Apartment Association’s prestigious professional awards. The online nomination submission process for these awards is open through the end of this month; nominations must be submitted online only.
Members may nominate themselves directly for an award, or suggest that a colleague submit a nomination. Learn more and begin the nomination process. Note that the individual nominated will need to complete and submit the online nomination.
TAA’s professional awards will be given April 12 during the final event at the 2019 TAA Conference & Expo. Awards will honor the:
- Barbara MacManus Apartment Manager of the Year
- Mary Williams Maintenance Professional of the Year
- Anita Marcino Leasing Professional of the Year
- Rita Kirby Regional Property Manager of the Year
- Bob Ross Independent Rental Owner of the Year
- Olin Steele Lifetime Achievement Award for supplier partners
- Association Executive of the Year for top local affiliate staff (Note: An AE must have first been nominated by their local president or president-elect to be considered for this award.)
In addition, TAA also will recognize an outstanding supplier/partner member with the Olin Steele Lifetime Achievement Award. Supplier/partner members who meet the criteria for the award may nominate themselves. Finalists for the award are selected by past winners.
Criteria for each award varies, but is based on the nominee’s accomplishments on the job, while acknowledging other factors like commitment to professional development, professional designations, if any, earned, volunteer involvement in the community and the association, and more.
Deadlines for nominations
January 31: Deadline for submitting nominations for the Olin Steele Lifetime Achievement Award nominations and all other nominations
For questions about the AE of the Year or the Olin Steele awards, contact Lynn Fisher, CMP. For questions about property management awards, contact Donna Harbers, CMP. You may also call 512/479-6252 and ask to speak to Lynn or Donna.