TAA members head to Austin for Day at the Capitol
Hundreds of Texas Apartment Association members are expected in Austin February 13 to advocate for the industry during the TAA Day at the Capitol.
- Join hundreds of rental housing professionals in Austin on February 13 to advocate for your industry.
- Pick up tips for being an effective advocate, and the background you need, during morning briefings at the Sheraton Austin.
- Contact your local association or email email@example.com for more information.
Hundreds of rental housing professionals are expected in Austin February 13 for the Texas Apartment Association’s Day at the Capitol. Morning briefings will be held at the Sheraton Austin Hotel, with visits with legislators planned for the afternoon.
In addition to the Day at the Capitol briefing and legislator visits, NextGen attendees can participate in a special NextGen event, and all attendees are welcome to attend a reception with legislators and legislative staff.
Day at the Capitol Tentative Schedule
- Morning briefings on key legislative issues
- Tips to help you advocate effectively
- Afternoon visits with your legislators
- Special NextGen networking event
- Evening reception for members and legislators
Key dates for the 2019 Texas Legislative Session
Bill filing: November 12, 2018—March 8, 2019
First day of session: January 8, 2019
Last day of session: May 27, 2019
Last day to sign or veto bills: June 16, 2019
Effective date of legislation passed: August 26, 2019 unless otherwise specified in bill