Texas Apartment Association Past President Rick Graf, CPM will serve as the chairman of the National Apartment Association in 2021, TAA Past President Brad Williams, CPM is being honored as NAA’s Hall of Fame recipient, and other TAA members are serving in NAA leadership roles. A number of TAA members also received NAA Excellence Awards during APTVirtual.
- A number of Texans will be serving in leadership positions for the National Apartment Association in 2021.
- Several Texas Apartment Association members also were recognized as Excellence Award winners at the National Apartment Association APTVirtual Conference this month.
Texas Apartment Association (TAA) Past President Rick Graf, CPM of Dallas will be installed next month as the 2021 Chairman of the National Apartment Association (NAA) and will assume leadership of the association January 1.
In addition, several fellow Texans were chosen for leadership roles at the national level, and TAA Past President Brad Williams, CPM, will be honored next month as a new member of the NAA Hall of Fame.
Graf is past president of the TAA Education Foundation (TAAEF), and served as TAA’s president in 2009-2010. He is also a past president of the Apartment Association of Greater Dallas, and has been an NAA Region 6 Vice President. Graf is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Pinnacle.
Voting Regional Vice Presidents for Region 6 are: Traci Hall, CPM, AMLI Residential; Jay Parmelee, CPM, with Lincoln Property Company; Jackie Rhone, CAPS, CPM, Greystar Real Estate Partners; and Beth Van Winkle, CAPS, CPM with Highmark Residential.
There’s also a long list of Texans who will be serving NAA and NAAEI in committee leadership roles, including:
- TAA Past President Mark Hurley, Highland Commercial Properties, San Antonio, chairing the Global Outreach Committee
- TAA Past President Jackie Rhone, CAPS, CPM, Greystar Real Estate Partners, Houston, co-chairing the 2022 NAA Apartmentalize Conference
- Char McCurdy, Summit Property Management, Dallas, chair of the NAA PAC Ambassadors
- Matthew Haines, Tangent Properties, Dallas, Independent Rental Owners Committee vice chair
- Christy Rodriguez, Judwin Properties, Houston, who will serve as vice chair of the NAA NextGen Committee
TAA congratulates these outstanding members on their service to the association!
TAA members earn NAA awards
A number of Texas Apartment Association members were recognized as Excellence Award winners at the National Apartment Association APTVirtual Conference this month.
Receiving NAA Excellence Awards:
NAA Individual Awards
Independent Rental Owner of the Year
Kevin Chalmers, CAPS, IROP
Legacy REI Group
Chalmers will also be recognized in April as TAA’s 2020 Bob Ross Independent Rental Owner of the Year.
NAA Education Institute Designate Awards
Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) of the Year
Staci Hasman, CAM, CAMT, AIME
Certified Apartment Supplier (CAS) of the Year
Blaise Spitaleri, CAS
National Suppliers Council Achievement Award
Kenneth J. Bohan
The Liberty Group
High fives and hearty congratulations to all our Texas winners!