The Texas Apartment Association Education Foundation celebrated its 20th Anniversary during the TAA ONE Conference & Expo in Houston.
- The Texas Apartment Association Education Foundation celebrated its 20th Anniversary this year during the TAA ONE Conference & Expo in Houston. TAAEF was founded in late December 2001.
- During a special luncheon for Foundation donors, past TAAEF presidents were honored and recognized.
- All the Room to Grow “Be the Next” video challenge winners, including Bayley Hawthorne with Olympus Property, the latest, were also celebrated during the Foundation Luncheon and at the Conference. See Bayley’s story.
- TAAEF also debuted its redesigned Room to Grow website.
- Conference attendees also supported the Foundation during the annual TAAEF vehicle raffle, and at a Kendra Scott Boutique in the TAAEF booth inside the ONE Expo.
The Texas Apartment Association Education Foundation celebrated its 20th Anniversary in style during the TAA One Conference & Expo last month in Houston.
Past TAAEF presidents were honored during a special Foundation luncheon for donors and key supporters. The Foundation has been highlighting key moments in its history throughout the year in special “Throwback Thursday” social media posts.
TAAEF also introduced its newest Room to Grow Ambassador, Bayley Hawthorne with Olympus Property during the ONE Conference. Past winners of the TAAEF “Be the Next Room to Grow Ambassador” video challenge were also on hand, including Robert Hills with Camden Property Trust, who was attending the Conference for the first time this year. Other past video challenge winners present were Sam Levassar with Camp Construction and Melody King with BH Management. Bayley and the other Ambassadors were also recognized during the Conference’s General Opening Session, where new “Tik Tok” style videos reintroduced Robert and introduced Bayley. See more of her story.
TAAEF also debuted its redesigned Room to Grow website during the General Opening Session. The site, www.roomtogrowtx.org, has been redesigned to be easier to navigate, more mobile-friendly and packed with information helpful to the jobseeker. It includes general industry information, career path information, a “find your fit” quiz, training opportunities, links to the TAA Career Center and more.
Other ONE Conference TAAEF activities
While supply chain issues and transit problems kept the TAAEF raffle vehicle off the Expo floor—there was a happy ending to this story. The white 2022 Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 arrived at a Houston dealership on the last day of the ONE Conference—and the winner happened to be Houston’s Shelley Watson with The Morgan Group. Congratulations, Shelley—and glad you did get to drive that car sooner rather than later!
As always, huge thanks to our vehicle underwriters who make it possible for all proceeds from the raffle to benefit the TAA Education Foundation:
- ALN Apartment Data, Inc.
- Camp Construction
- Century A/C Supply
- Flooring Warehouse
- FSI Construction, Inc.
- HD Supply
- The Liberty Group, and
Thank you, too, to everyone who supported the Foundation by shopping at our Kendra Scott Boutique during the Expo or in the online opportunity.