There’s still time to register to vote in the primary run-off election. Voter registration is open through June 15; the primary runoff is now scheduled for July 14, due to the impacts of the coronavirus in the state. Learn more.
- Make sure you are registered to vote by visiting www.votetexas.gov.
- Because of the impact of the coronavirus on the state, the primary run-off election scheduled for May 26 is postponed until July 14. Read the governor’s announcement.
- TAA will provide more information and reminders as the July election date nears.
Voter registration for the primary run-off election is open through June 15. You can determine whether you are already registered to vote, and download a voter registration application if needed, at www.votetexas.gov.
The application cannot be submitted online, but must be printed, signed and mailed to your local county voter registrar by June 15.
If you did not vote in the March primary election, you may vote in either party’s primary run-off, assuming you are registered to vote or have registered by June 15. If you voted in either the Democratic or Republican March primary, you may only vote in the run-off election of the same party. To learn more, visit www.votetexas.gov.
Because of the impact of the coronavirus on the state, Gov. Greg Abbott postponed the primary run-off election scheduled for May 26 until July 14. Read the governor’s announcement.
A special election for Senate District 14, to replace Sen. Kirk Watson (D-Austin), will be held at the same time. Watson retired from the state Senate to head the public affairs department at the University of Houston. The Texas Apartment Association PAC to date has not taken a position on any of the candidates running in that election.
In these primary run-off elections, the TAA Political Action Committee is supporting and endorsing:
- Eddie Lucio, Jr. (D- Brownsville)
- Lorraine Birabil (D-Dallas)
- Harold Dutton (D-Houston)
- Anna Eastman (D-Houston)
- Dan Flynn (R-Van)
- J.D. Sheffield (R-Gatesville)
TAA will provide more information and reminders as the July election date nears.