Because we all need something to look forward to: Here’s a look at four of the educational sessions planned for the Texas Apartment Association 2020 Education Conference & Expo this September in Fort Worth. Advance registration deadlines extended to August 25 to help you save.
- The Texas Apartment Association Education Conference & Lone Star Expo always delivers exceptional educational options—plus an Expo full of essential services and fabulous networking.
- TAA is looking forward to welcoming members to Fort Worth this fall. TAA has been working with our speakers, venues and other partners to bring you the same great experience, education and networking.
- Advance registration discounts for the 2020 Texas Apartment Association Education Conference & Lone Star Expo are now available through August 25.
- See Conference registration options and discounts.
- Visit www.taa.org/conference for more updates and information.
Looking forward to some in-person professional development in your future? So are we!
Here’s a look at just a few of the educational sessions that will be part of the Texas Apartment Association 2020 Education Conference & Lone Star Expo September 2-4 at the Fort Worth Convention Center.
Tame the Busy and Find Your More Centered Self
Steve Matre & Patty Morgan Seager (Note: This session is followed by a “dig deeper” session to explore the topic more fully)
Find meaningful strategies to re-center and get back to the present. There is magic in adopting simple routines that help to reduce decision fatigue; forming positive habits can free your mind for the creative flow that leads to achievement, reaching goals and finding your happy place. Get tips on creating margin, some “extra space” in your day. Restore your perspective and change your overwhelmed feeling into a confident, “I got this!”
Renewing Our Vows of Commitment for Customers for Life
Establishing a world-class approach to customer service with specific goals for every member of the team is the key to effective resident retention on any property in any market. Creating an engaging resident retention/customer service plan and effectively communicating with your customers to make them want to stay can be very challenging at times, especially when answering those difficult questions of perceived value versus the rental amount being paid. Take a closer look at five basic areas to help you look through your resident’s eyes and realize the true financial and reputational value your residents have in the success of your owner, investor and management company goals.
Become an EQ Sales Pro—How Your Emotional Intelligence Can Drive More Leases
Did you know you can use your Emotional Intelligence (EQ) to boost your leasing and sales? Most things in life involve a sales process, but people make buying decisions for their own reasons—not yours! And buying decisions are definitely emotional. How do you navigate the emotions of others? Learn to use your social awareness to understand stakeholders and risks. Your self-awareness will lead you to sales success and increase your win probability.
Leveraging Analytics and Business Intelligence to Maximize Asset Performance and Minimize Risk
The complex nature of property management can present owners with significant challenges to overcome. In order to make informed, data-driven decisions, property managers have multiple variables to take into account. This session looks at how business intelligence and analytics can help property managers and owners evaluate the performance of their rental property portfolios, understand resident risk and past performance, predict the likelihood of rental credit losses and optimize rental application approval/decline settings. Look at case studies and research findings to learn how analytics can maximize asset performance and minimize risk.
Register in advance for the Conference through August 25 to save over the onsite registration fees.
Rates in TAA’s discounted hotel room blocks are available through August 11; you must be registered for the Conference to book a hotel room in the TAA block.
In addition to these four sessions, you’ll find more many more at the Education Conference, including traditional seminars, shorter labs, free-form dialogues with colleagues and short focused sessions while you take a break from visiting Expo booths.
Other Conference highlights include:
- Networking: Attend Conference social and networking events to make the most of all the new connections you’ll make. Have a blast at the Thursday Kickoff Party at Texas Live! in Arlington, in the heart of the Metroplex’s sports and entertainment district near AT&T Stadium (where the Cowboys play) and Globe Life Field (new home of the Texas Rangers), with games, grub and Emerald City. Get ready to celebrate Friday night at the Installation & Awards Dinner Gala, with after-program entertainment from Jessie’s Girls.
- Extras: Take a chance on winning a 2020 Cadillac XT4 from the TAA Education Foundation Raffle. Play a round with your buddies at the TAA PAC Top Golf Tournament.
- Expo: Visit with established supplier partners and discover new ones in the Lone Star Expo.
- Inspiration: Find inspiration from Food Network Star, chef and entrepreneur Guy Fieri and our new Conference emcee, Chet Garner from the PBS series, “The Daytripper.” Pick up new skills and successful strategies from Conference seminar leaders like Jackie Ramstedt, Rommel Anacan, Mindy Price, Dave Davlin, Paul Rhodes, Jonathan Saar, Lia Nichole Smith, Heather Blume, Terri Norvell, David Fritsche and more who understand the national and Texas multifamily market.
More information about the TAA Education Conference.