With Valentines Day around the corner, our members—and your safety—are number ONE in our hearts. Let us count the ways we’re working to keep you safe during the ONE Conference & Expo this April in San Antonio.
- How will the TAA ONE Conference & Expo be like past TAA conferences? First-class education, a best-in-class expo and exceptional networking opportunities, along with exceptional social events and inspirational speakers like renowned chef and restauranteur Guy Fieri.
- How will it be different? Obviously, safety protocols for gathering during the pandemic will have things looking different, and will change some of the routine.
- Looking for more details on new procedures that will be in place? The San Antonio Convention Center’s safety protocols are state-of-the-art.
- Plan now to attend the 2021 TAA ONE Conference & Expo April 14-16 in San Antonio. See ONE Conference registration options and discounts. Early registration discounts are available through March 4.
Since reminders of romance are everywhere this month, we’re taking a page from Elizabeth Barrett Browning’s famous sonnet and counting the ways we love our members—and the ways we’re planning to keep you safe at the 2021 Texas Apartment Association ONE Conference & Expo in San Antonio next April 14-16.
We know you have questions about meeting safely during the pandemic, so here are the top three ways we’re planning to keep you safe while you attend.
Enhanced sanitation and cleaning protocols. The Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center has stepped up its cleaning and sanitation regimens significantly. The Center has been awarded the Global Biorisk Advisory Council Accreditation. The Center’s routine cleaning includes:
- A robot that uses UV light to sanitize areas
- A machine that sanitizes large areas electrostatically
- UV lights automatically sanitizing escalator handrails
- Increased fresh air exchange and airflow within the building and high-performing air filters
- Plexiglass barriers have been added where needed
Increased standards for Conference attendees. The Center also has stricter requirements for individuals entering the convention center, including
- Mandatory, automatic temperature screening at limited entry points
- Individualized stickers worn to indicate temperatures scanned
- Mandatory face coverings inside the Center
- Physical distancing requirements when waiting in lines or using facilities
- Room capacity limitations and set-up requirements to accommodate physical distancing
Improved facilities to limit touchpoints. In addition to new cleaning protocols and equipment, the Center has also upgraded facilities, including:
- Touchless, automated doors, handles that can be operated with a forearm, and more
- Touchless soap dispensers and faucets, and automatically flushing toilets
- No self-service food options
In addition to the changes in facilities at the convention center, TAA is changing its conference arrangements to accommodate physical distancing and other requirements. For example, capacity will be limited based on room size, so larger rooms may be used with audience members spread throughout the room. Rooms also will be set up differently than at past TAA Conferences.
- “Classroom” and “theater” sets will not be used; most rooms will be larger, and set in rounds.
- General sessions will also have more space between seating.
- Physical distancing will be observed in registration lines, food service lines, etc. There will not be any self-serve or serve-yourself buffets at social events.
Some of the things that will be like past Conferences:
- Inspiring speakers. Hear from Food Network Star, chef, restauranteur and author Guy Fieri, the featured guest at the Conference General Opening Session, and Conference emcee and PBS “Daytripper” Chet Garner, who will help you navigate around the Conference’s main events.
- Top experts. Learn from Lisa Trosien, Valerie Sargent, Katie Rigsby, Rommel Anacan, Kristi Fickert, Jen Piccotti, Kara Rice, Steve Matre, Bill Nye, Michelle Wierzgac, Heather Blume, Nina Troester, Michelle Molinaro and more!
- The state’s best Expo. Find new and satisfying solutions for your companies and properties at the ONE Expo, packed with the best products and services to keep your businesses competitive.
- Fun for the whole multifamily. Join us at the Thursday Riverwalk Reunion Kickoff Party, with fabulous food and equally fabulous entertainment by Emerald City. And don’t miss Friday night’s Stars of Texas Leadership Celebration & Awards Dinner Gala, with after-program entertainment from Jessie’s Girls.
- Games of skill and chance. Sign up for the TAA PAC Topgolf Tournament, or try your luck at winning a 2021 Cadillac XT4 in the TAA Education Foundation’s vehicle raffle.
Conference registration options include one-day, economy and full registrations, with discounts available for companies registering groups of employees. Group discounts range from 5-20 percent, depending on the number of employees in the group, with additional discounts available for registering early. Check out our registration discount schedule.
Companies sending groups can also take advantage of free meeting rooms and assistance in planning your company meetings. Contact Lynn Fisher, CMP for more information or visit our group planning site for all the details you need.
Get the best value for your education dollar close to home, from the association you trust. For more information visit www.taa.org/conference.