Did you rock your goals in 2021? Gain some much-needed recognition by participating in the Texas Apartment Association’s professional awards program. Recipients will be honored next April during the TAA ONE Conference.
- The Texas Apartment Association’s professional awards recognize outstanding rental housing professionals who exemplify high standards. Members may submit their own application or nominate a colleague. Learn more.
- Peer nominations are due January 7. Most other application deadlines are January 14. Applications are being accepted online only. You may nominate a colleague or submit an application for yourself.
- In addition to awards honoring leasing, management, maintenance, supervisory and owner professionals, the Mike Clark Supplier Partner Company of the Year Award and the Olin Steele Supplier Partner Lifetime Achievement Award recognize the achievements and contributions of industry supplier partners.
- New this year: the Brad Williams Advocate of the Year Award will honor a member for advocacy efforts at the local, state or national level.
- Awards will be presented April 28 during the 2022 TAA ONE Conference & Expo in Houston.
2021 has come and gone, but you can still earn recognition for your accomplishments in the last year by participating in the Texas Apartment Association’s professional awards program.
Nominate yourself for one of TAA’s professional awards. (Or nominate a colleague who’s done outstanding work—everybody can use recognition for a job well done!)
Applications and nominations for TAA awards honoring outstanding rental housing professionals are being accepted online now. The final deadline for submissions will be midnight, January 14 for most awards. Peer nominations must be received by January 7.
Learn more and find links to submit here. Awards will be presented next April at the 2022 TAA ONE Conference & Expo April 27-29 in Houston.
In addition to the individual property management-related awards, TAA will present a new award this year, honoring a member for his or her advocacy work on the local, state or national level. The Brad Williams Advocate of the Year will be given for the first time at the 2022 TAA ONE Conference this April.
TAA also will present an award recognizing the Mike Clark Supplier Partner Company of the Year. This will be in addition to recognizing an individual supplier partner as the Olin Steele Supplier Partner Lifetime Achievement Award recipient.
Nominations for these prestigious awards and all the other TAA professional awards may be submitted online only. Members may submit their own application for an award or nominate a colleague. Nomination by a colleague is encouraged but not required for award consideration; peer nominations must be received by January 7.
TAA will notify members who are nominated by a peer and provide information on how to complete the required award application for further consideration. Members who nominate themselves submit a completed award application to be considered.
Awards will be presented during the Stars of Texas Awards Gala April 28 during the ONE Conference in Houston.
TAA’s awards recognize the outstanding:
- Barbara MacManus Apartment Manager of the Year
- Rita Kirby Regional Property Manager of the Year
- Mary Williams Maintenance Professional of the Year
- Anita Marcino Leasing Professional of the Year
- Bob Ross Independent Owner of the Year
- Brad Williams Advocate of the Year
- George Allen Association Executive of the Year
- Mike Clark Supplier Partner Company of the Year, and
- Olin Steele Supplier Partner Lifetime Achievement recipient.
Any member may nominate a supplier partner company to be considered for the Mike Clark Supplier Partner Company of the Year Award, or companies may nominate themselves. The nomination link above applies to this award as well.
In addition, TAA also will recognize an outstanding supplier/partner member with the Olin Steele Supplier Partner Lifetime Achievement Award. Supplier/partner members who meet the criteria for the award may nominate themselves, or colleagues may submit nominations of qualified members. Finalists for the award are selected by past winners.
Criteria for each award varies, but is based on the nominee’s accomplishments on the job, while acknowledging other factors like commitment to professional development, professional designations, if any, earned, volunteer involvement in the community and the association, and more. Nominations for the George Allen Association Executive of the Year Award must come from the local president or president-elect.
Deadlines for nominations
January 7 (midnight): Deadline for nominating a colleague for an award
January 14 (midnight): Deadline for submitting completed award applications
For questions about the AE of the Year, the Supplier Partner Company of the Year or the Olin Steele awards, contact Lynn Fisher, CMP. For questions about property management awards, contact Heather Reynolds. For questions about the Brad Williams Advocate of the Year Award, contact Donna Harbers, CMP. You may also call 512/479-6252 and ask to speak to Lynn, Heather or Donna.