Plan now to attend TAA’s Day at the Capitol February 13
Plan to be in Austin February 13 to advocate for your industry during the Texas Apartment Association Day at the Capitol.
- Join hundreds of rental housing professionals in Austin on February 13 to advocate for your industry.
- Pick up tips for being an effective advocate, and the background you need on the issues, during morning briefings at the Sheraton Austin.
- Contact your local association or email email@example.com for more information.
Save the date for the Texas Apartment Association’s Day at the Capitol! The date this session is Wednesday, February 13 at the Sheraton Austin Hotel. Hundreds of rental housing professionals are expected to attend.
Day at the Capitol Tentative Schedule
- Morning briefings on key legislative issues with tips to help you advocate effectively
- Afternoon visits with your local legislators
- Evening reception for TAA members and Texas Legislators
For more information, contact your local apartment association or TAA Director of Government Affairs Kyle Jackson. Also, stay tuned for more information about an advance webinar to help you prepare for your trip to Austin.
Key dates for the 2019 Texas Legislative Session
Bill filing: November 12, 2018—March 8, 2019
First day of session: January 8, 2019
Last day of session: May 27, 2019
Last day to sign or veto bills: June 16, 2019
Effective date of legislation passed: August 26, 2019 unless otherwise specified in bill