We are looking forward to welcoming our Texas Apartment Association family to Fort Worth September 2-4 for our 2020 Education Conference & Lone Star Expo.
Because you are our family, we and our venue partners at the Fort Worth Convention Center and other properties have put enhanced safety measures in place to protect Conference attendees and exhibitors—and yes, that means the Conference may look and feel a little different than in years past.
What we hope will be the same is the community of friends, colleagues and industry leaders who come together in one place, for one purpose, for one inspiring, energizing event.
Here’s what you need to know now, along with any important deadlines coming up:
What safety measures and protocols will be in place for the Conference? Get all the details.
Has the schedule or lineup for the Conference changed? The venues, events, entertainment, overall schedule and speakers for the 2020 TAA Education Conference have not changed, and we are planning a full and enriching experience for everyone. There will be some changes in set up, food service and physical layout related to enhanced safety measures and new protocols. You can view our Conference schedule here.
How can I register? What are the registration deadlines? What if I need a hotel room? Registration for the TAA Conference is open until August 25. After that date, you would need to register in person at the Fort Worth Convention Center. When you register online, you’ll be given an opportunity to make a hotel reservation as well.
What happens if I have to cancel after registering, or need to substitute someone in my place? See these FAQs for Attendees.
- Key deadlines
- All cancellations received by July 31, 2020 will receive a refund minus a $50 cancellation fee. Cancellations after July 31, 2020 must be received by 11:59 p.m. on August 25, 2020 and will receive a 50 percent refund. NO REFUNDS will be given after August 25, 2020. All requests for cancellation must be submitted in writing to TAA Registration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hotel reservations: Cancel by August 11 for a full refund
What should I plan on doing before I arrive?
- Arrive early and allow for extra time. Your temperature will be checked before you enter the Convention Center. Physical distancing protocols will be in effect for registration and other events.
- Plan to use the Conference App, or print a copy of the Conference schedule before you arrive. We will not have a printed Conference program onsite.
- Plan your schedule, choose more than one seminar option for each time slot, and be flexible. Seminars will adhere to the Center’s room capacity limitations and protocols. A number of options will be available during each seminar time slot, but seating is not guaranteed.
- Take advantage of safety measures available, and be considerate of other attendees. Attendees will receive hand sanitizer, and sanitizer stations will be located throughout the Center. Face coverings will be available, but you may opt to bring your own.
Are there any plans to host a virtual Conference? What will happen if the Conference can not take place in September? No, TAA is not planning to host a virtual Conference. If TAA is not able to proceed with the conference due to local/state restrictions, you will be given an option to receive a full refund in 60-90 days, or transfer your registration funds to the 2021 TAA Education Conference in San Antonio.
We look forward to seeing you and the rest of our TAA family in Fort Worth this fall. Like family, we plan to take care of you, keep you safe and treat you like one of our own—because you are.