Ready for a funkalicious fun time? Food Network Star Guy Fieri will be the featured guest at the Texas Apartment Association Education Conference & Lone Star Expo General Opening Session in Fort Worth next April.
- The 2020 TAA Education Conference & Lone Star Expo combines exceptional education, networking and fun for cost-effective professional development close to home. The Conference will be held April 22-24 in Fort Worth.
- In addition to relevant education, the industry’s largest trade show in Texas and exceptional networking opportunities, this year’s Conference will include a Q&A and chat with chef and restauranteur Guy Fieri.
- Chet Garner, “The Daytripper” on PBS, will be the emcee of this year’s Conference, participating in the Opening Session on Thursday and the Installation & Awards on Friday.
- Join about 5,000 of your colleagues from around the state and nation, expand your professional network and pick up new solutions that will help you succeed at the 2020 TAA Education Conference & Lone Star Expo in Fort Worth.
- See Conference registration options and discounts. Registration opens in mid-January.
Ready for a funkalicious good time? Join thousands of your industry colleagues April 22-24 in Fort Worth for the annual Texas Apartment Association Education Conference & Lone Star Expo, and hear from the Mayor of Flavortown himself, Guy Fieri.
Fieri will be the featured guest at the General Opening Session Thursday, April 23. He’ll be joined by Conference emcee, Chet Garner, star of the PBS series “The Daytripper,” for a chat and Q&A session to get the Conference off to a sizzling start.
Chef, restauranteur, New York Times bestselling author and Emmy Award-winning host, Fieri will bring his energy and larger-than-life personality to the Conference’s first big event.
The Food Network Star winner and host of top-rated shows like “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives” began his love affair with food at the age of 10, selling soft pretzels from a three-wheeled bicycle cart he built with his father called “The Awesome Pretzel Cart.”
Since then, in addition to winning the second season competition of Food Network Star, he’s opened more than 80 restaurants around the world and at sea, authored six bestselling cookbooks, and launched the Hunt & Ryde Winery in Sonoma County, named for his sons Hunter and Ryder. He supports numerous charities, including his own, Cooking with Kids, and lives in Northern California with his family.
Joining Guy at the Opening Session on Thursday, our TAA Education Conference emcee, Chet Garner, is the creator, host and executive producer of “The Daytripper,” an eight-time Emmy Award-winning Texas travel show airing on PBS stations across the country. He’ll also be the emcee for the Installation & Awards Gala on Friday night.
The native Texan’s love for storytelling began at a young age around the Boy Scout campfire and toting around his grandfather’s VHS video camera staging elaborate productions in his backyard.
After earning a degree in Radio-Television-Film from the University of Texas at Austin and graduating first in his class from Baylor Law School, Chet practiced law for three years before deciding to follow his passions to inspire folks to appreciate the beauty, history and food of the Lone Star State. He, his wife and five children live in Georgetown, Texas.
In addition, Conference attendees will find:
- World-class educational programs close to home—75 educational sessions to choose from, for a great price, including traditional, in-depth seminars, short “lab” sessions, seminars located in the Lone Star Expo Learning Lounge, and “Open Space” learning opportunities with like-minded colleagues
- Opportunities to connect with 5,000 industry professionals and supplier partners who are expected to attend
- Chances to learn from industry experts who understand the national and Texas multifamily market
- New solutions and supplier partners at the biggest-ever Lone Star Expo, with 430 booths offering the best products and services to keep your business competitive
- Fun and fellowship at the Thursday Kickoff Party at Texas Live! in Arlington, an entertainment mecca with games, grub, adult beverages and entertainment by Emerald City. And more fun on Friday night at the Installation & Awards Gala, with after-program entertainment from Jesse’s Girls.
- More fun and games, with a chance to try your luck (or skill?) at the TAA PAC Topgolf Tournament, about seven minutes from the Fort Worth Convention Center by car. And some lucky person will win a 2020 Cadillac XT4 in the TAA Education Foundation’s vehicle raffle. Look for tickets to go on sale in February.
Conference registration opens in mid-January. Registration options include one-day, economy and full registrations, with discounts available for companies registering groups of employees. Group discounts range from 5-20 percent, depending on the number of employees in the group, with additional discounts available for registering early. Check out our registration discount schedule, and include the TAA Education Conference in your budget for 2019.
Companies sending groups can also take advantage of free meeting rooms and assistance in planning your company meetings. Contact Lynn Fisher, CMP for more information.