Early voting began June 29 for the primary runoff election July 14. Make your plan to vote today, and learn who the Texas Apartment Association PAC is supporting.
- Expanded early voting for the July 14 runoff election began June 29. The early voting period was extended because of the coronavirus pandemic.
- The July runoff election will be held July 14.
- Learn which candidates are supported by the Texas Apartment Association Political Action Committee.
The early voting period for the July 14 primary runoff election began June 29. Gov. Greg Abbott extended the early voting period for this election, doubling the usual early voting window because of the coronavirus pandemic. The primary runoff was postponed from May, also because of the coronavirus.
You must be registered to vote to vote in the runoff elections. You can determine whether you are already registered at www.votetexas.gov. You’ll also find general information about the election there. Check with your local voter registrar for early voting polling locations, or other polling information. Note that some locations that have been used in the past may not be used during this election.
Early voting will be open June 29 through July 10. If you did not vote in the March primary election, you may vote in either party’s primary run-off, assuming you are registered to vote.
If you voted in either the Democratic or Republican March primary, you may only vote in the run-off election of the same party. To learn more, visit www.votetexas.gov.
Because of the impact of the coronavirus on the state, Gov. Greg Abbott postponed the primary run-off election scheduled for May 26 until July 14, and on May 11 extended the early voting period.
A special election for Senate District 14, to replace Sen. Kirk Watson (D-Austin), will be held at the same time. Watson retired from the state Senate to head the public affairs department at the University of Houston. The Texas Apartment Association Political Action Committee is supporting Rep. Eddie Rodriguez (D-Austin) in this special election.
In these primary run-off elections, the TAA PAC is supporting and endorsing:
- Eddie Lucio, Jr. (D- Brownsville)
- Lorraine Birabil (D-Dallas)
- Harold Dutton (D-Houston)
- Anna Eastman (D-Houston)
- Dan Flynn (R-Van)
- J.D. Sheffield (R-Gatesville)
- Larry Doss (R-Amarillo), 7th Court of Appeals
- Terry Adams (R-Houston), 1st Court of Appeals
- Scott Golemon (R-Conroe), 9th Court of Appeals