Support TAA’s work to protect Housing for Texans, and keep Texas a premier place to live, work and grow.
The Texas rental housing industry is diverse, vibrant and growing. You can join the Texas Apartment Association’s work on behalf of this vital industry, and do your part to protect Housing for Texans.
Keep up with the legislative session
- Tune in every other Friday beginning February 19 to live sessions with our GR team in our TAA Facebook Group.
- Subscribe to TAA’s regular Legislative Updates.
- Follow legislative news in TAA’s monthly e-newsletter, Viewpoints.
- See bills TAA is following during the current legislative session.
- Search copies of legislation, set up free tracking of bills and stream committee hearings and legislative floor action.
- Find your local and national representatives.
Get involved during the legislative session
Do you want to take a more active role in advocacy? Contact our government affairs team to participate in TAA’s virtual Day at the Capitol events.
Do you know a legislator or legislative staff member? Tell us who you know and volunteer as a key contact to help TAA build our network of advocates.
Learn more about key issues
Check out TAA’s positions on key legislative and housing issues.
See how TAA and our members are protecting Housing for Texans. (coming soon!)
Support the TAA Political Action Committee
TAA’s Political Action Committee is an integral part of TAA’s advocacy efforts on behalf of the Texas rental housing industry and is one of the largest trade association PACs in Texas. TAA PAC is nonpartisan and supports candidates for the Texas Legislature and for statewide elected offices. In some cases, the TAA PAC contributes to candidates for local elected offices. Learn more.
Meet TAA’s Legislative Committee members
The TAA Legislative Committee includes volunteers from around the state, who serve two-year terms to represent their particular community or region of the state. Committee members are nominated by their local apartment association and appointed by the TAA president.
Volunteer to serve on a Legislative Committee subcommittee
You can provide expertise and help shape policy on critical rental housing issues by volunteering to serve on one of TAA’s Legislative Committee subcommittees! Tell us where you’d like to be involved; email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and brief description of how you’d like to participate.
- Affordable Housing: Provide input and guidance on proposed legislation addressing affordable housing development, funding and operations
- Development: Offer feedback and suggestions on proposed legislation governing real estate development and land use
- Landlord/Tenant: Share your expertise on proposed legislation expanding or changing Texas Property Code provisions that cover the landlord/tenant relationship
- Legal Issues: Give your perspective on legal issues related to property management and operations, including access to courts and court procedures, and contract provisions.
- Property Taxes: Weigh in on legislative proposals concerning property tax assessments, appraisals and administration.