Date & Time
Thursday, January 21, 2021
9:00 am-4:00 pm CST
Brian P. Cweren, Cweren Law
By Early Bird Deadline: Member: $150
Additional Registrants: $120
Additional Registrants: $140
Your relationships with your residents begin—and end—with your lease. Just how well do you understand this contract, and the responsibilities it conveys to you and to your residents?
Beginning February 1, 2021, the Texas Real Estate Commission requires that all sales agents and brokers must complete 3 hours of real estate contracts CE courses during each license renewal term. This course is approved for 6 hours of contracts education.
At this Lease with the Best: TAA Lease Forms seminar you’ll learn more about:
- General principles of real estate contract validity
- Terms and conditions of the TAA Apartment Lease Contract
- Importance of rental applications and proper screening
- Tools for use in the resident selection process
- Major differences between apartment, single-family dwelling, condominium and student housing lease contracts
- Important aspects of a written rental agreement
- Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- When are lease addenda legally necessary?
- Commonly needed forms for residential real property managers, and
- Why you should always use up-to-date forms.
This online seminar will include time for breaks and lunch just as if you were at an in-person seminar. Certificates will be given to attendees who arrive before 9:30 a.m. If you wish to claim TREC credit for this class, TREC’s rules require that you be visible on a webcam for the entire course. TAA & TREC reminds you to be safe while participating in this program. Please do not take this class and drive. Cancellations are subject to a $35 cancellation fee. Substitutions are allowed.
Continuing Education Credits: 6 Hours NAAEI CECs; approved for 6 hours of contract education by TREC
The event will begin at 9 a.m. central, and you’ll receive detailed information about accessing the program in advance. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early Registration Deadline: January 14, 2021
January 18, 2021