Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
Here are just a few of the ways TAA and the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center are working to keep you safe during your time at Conference.
Public Spaces and Communal Areas
- Training on COVID-19 sanitation procedures have been provided to all staff and contractors. Contractors will be communicated with as often as necessary to ensure each receives updated information regarding new processes and procedures for consistent operations.
- UV Lighting has been installed on escalator hand rails for additional sanitation purposes.
- The frequency of sanitizing has been increased in all front and back of house spaces with an emphasis on high touch point areas such as guest services areas, podiums, trash and recycle receptacles, light switches, countertops, desks, telephones, keyboards, seating areas, chairs, tables, restrooms, elevator buttons, door handles, telephones, ATM machines, etc.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the facility.
- Sanitizing wipes have been placed in various areas.
- Staff maintains documentation of areas cleaned and places a card in some areas indicating completion of sanitation.
- Cleaning products are on the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-approved list for use against COVID-19 and staff will follow product instructions.
- Our new UV Light Robot is used to effectively disinfect areas.
- Doors may be propped open in some areas to minimize contact.
Retrofit of Building
- New touchless items were installed including auto flush valves enhancing the touchless faucets, forearm door pulls, and light/power sensors.
- New automatic entry doors will be installed in September.
- Plexi-glass/physical barriers have been installed where necessary.
Building Ventilation. Increased fresh air exchange and airflow within the building and incorporated higher-performing air filters.
High Traffic Areas. Meeting and banquet spaces, lobbies, concourses, concession stands and bars and center offices will each have area-specific cleaning guidelines and protocols that meet or exceed all local or national authority recommendations.
Air Filter and HVAC Cleaning. The Convention Center is proud to have received the Global BioRisk Advisory Council (GBAC) Accreditation. GBAC is a division of International Supply and Sanitary Association (ISSA), the worldwide cleaning association. This accreditation program assesses cleaning and disinfection practices and infectious-disease prevention. GBAC is currently the industry’s only accreditation for outbreak prevention, response and recovery establishing requirements to control risks associated with infectious agents, such as the virus that causes COVID-19.
Convention Center staff will sanitize the following areas throughout the day:
- Building entry and meeting room doors
- Escalator and stair handrails
- Second Level Concourse seating
- Trash bins
- Restroom doors will be placed open to limit touch, when practical
- Minimize contact with guests while cleaning areas
- Electrostatic sprayers to be used on completed set-ups, public areas and restrooms prior to an event and overnight